What is treatment for a disc herniation?
In office treatment:
- Flexion distraction or McKenzie method depending on the location of the herniation
- NO SIDE POSTURE ADJUSTMENTS
- Electrical muscle stimulation
- Frequency of adjustments dependent on severity of condition
At home treatment:
- Core exercises: bird dog, curl up, side and front planks
- Avoid leg lifts, flutter kicks, sit-ups, crunches
- Avoid long periods of sitting
- Heated stretching, hot baths, hot yoga
- Avoid self adjusting.
Before starting any treatment, consult your doctor or chiropractor!